Good Karma Networks
Helping people help each other.
Good Karma Networks are suburb-specific online communities that provide members with the opportunity to connect, collaboratively solve problems and build relationships, therefore breaking down barriers and developing community resilience and resourcefulness.Find a network near youStart a network
With the purpose of being a safe place to ask for help from the community, and a model that removes judgement and negativity, the Good Karma Networks facilitate meaningful connections between neighbours.
Closely managed by trained groups of volunteers, Good Karma Networks are designed to be a safe place for people to ask for help, and allow for neighbours to provide that assistance. Good Karma Networks help people realise they can make a difference in the lives of those who live around them, increasing their desire to engage with each other. Fostering a culture of positivity and compassion, Good Karma Networks use social media to connect people in ways that promote human wellbeing.
Principles of the Good Karma Network
Connection, Compassion and Collaboration
- Asking for help - Invites trust and the opportunity for greater connection.
- A culture of positive online engagement - We believe that positivity is fundamental to meaningful connections and contributes to feeling of belonging.
- Solution focused - We all have challenges from time to time; and between us, we have plenty of knowledge, skills, experience and resources to share.
- Non-transactional - No expectation of anything in return inspires a spirit of generosity.
- Zero tolerance for judgment, disrespect and negative contributions - We understand that negative contributions, judgment, and assumptions alienate people and are not helpful, therefore not welcome.
- Collective responsibility for culture - Together we can achieve much more.
- Personal responsibility for our engagement - Pause and reflect on the effect of our actions on others.
Solution focused collaborative problem solving builds connected, resilient and resourceful communities!
Find a Good Karma Network near you